#4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:50
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Sydnarella:

I'm glad you started this thread, as it is something I have been thinking about lately. One of the strongest situational cues for me seems silly, but it is a problem. For years, whenever I come home.....(it can be from a short trip to the store, or a longer one, doesn't matter)....I have had the habit of grabbing a bite of some sort of "treat". Before LC, it used to be peanuts or a glob of peanut butter, potato chips or Cheetos.

Now, when I can't resist that homecoming "urge", I often give in and have sf piece of chocolate. I NEVER used to reach for anything sweet!

It's not that I am hungry. It's simply an ingrained behavioral habit. So what do I do? Never leave the house? Never come home?

At first, I substituted smoked almonds for the peanuts, but I've gotten pretty tired of them. I'd really like to break this habit of eating for no good reason except for walking in the door......

(Clearly, I haven't gotten to the action plan phase of this reply as yet). I look forward to ideas from others.

Kay