View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everyone!!!

i was MIA yesterday. i took one of the girls (th 10yr old) skiing for the first time. i put her in a 1.5hr lesson while i tore up the mountain, then hung out with her for the rest of the day on the bunny hill. she did really great for her first time and she also enjoyed it so i think we may go up again. (i will take the other 7yr old next year, you need to be 8 for the lessons)

then we went out to eat with the bf's brother and his gf. it was italian and i had chicken catchatora with veggies and a salad and antipasta.

i am not having a good LC day so far (you can check out my journal for the details) but i will be good again tomorrow!!!

i think i am going to try for aroung 1600 calories for a while. that will be around 8 calories per pound. will see how we do.

bawdy- re the "backslding" at least you recognise what is going on and not saying the diet doesn't work. good job on getting your mind set and back in gear.

dawn-- you have a pm. did you get it? i was just asking how you get your little dancing pictures to show up in your posts. don't know what you call it to find out how.

blu-- cheer up girl!!! you sound like you have a case of the wintertime blues...(which is easy to get around here!!!)

ellie--i was reading in kat's journal where you were talking about yogurt haveing 4 carbs per cup. i think that was pretty much disproven. there are a ton of discussions about it in the general lc thread and the atkins one also i believe. the latest is that it is not true, so yogurt eaters, beware!! (having said that, i myself eat it all the time, just small abounts mixed with fruit....yummm)

big welcome to songberrie---sounds like you have been given some good advice already. in my household, we have 2 lc-ers and 2 non lc-ers. i make lc casseroles and stir fries, meatloafs, grilled chicken, steaks (the cheap cuts), pork chops all the time and add a side for the non lc-ers. that way i can have more of the casserole and stuff and nobody notices. i love the recipe section here. many great ideas. i also do the bulk shopping thing and freeze alot of meat when it is on sale. as far as treats go, who cares what everybody gets, everybody is getting something. you a cheese cake, them cookies, it all works out and if anybody is upset, hey, at least they are getting teats right!! you can say its this or nothing!!! it is not like you eat a whole cheesecake in front of them while they split another, you each get a slice right....

wow, this may be a record for longest post i have ever typed!!!