#9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/246.5/230 Male 74 inches
BF:??/19/12
Progress: 73%
Default Good Afternoon

First of all, let me say welcome.

The usual diagnoses of Type 2 diabetes is a fasting blood sugar of above 110 or 120 mg/dl (not sure on the European measurement). I am surprised that anyone would still think it's a good idea to feed someone a big pile of sugar (like that's good for anyone) and see if their body would handle it. I doubt I would get down as low as your's did. I guess that's why I don't drink 4 sugar colas at a time huh?

So, if you have a broken carb furnance, why feed it carbs. It will burn protein, fat, and a few carbs just fine, but it won't burn carbs very well at all. It makes no sense to me to sit and assault an already broken carb furnance with 80% carbs.

To me your doctor is saying "You have a carbohydrate processing disability (T2) so we want you to eat mostly carbohydrates, but don't worry, we will hopefully shove enough medicine down your throat and insulin into your veins that this many carbohydrates won't kill you. On our method, daily insulin shots will become part of life in less than 5 years, kidney damage, eye damage and nerve damage within 20 years."

I just can't justify their methodology, no matter how many times I read it.

Good luck in whatever you choose,
wsgts