View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 08:07
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I asked my doctor and she said that staying low-low carb (say induction) for a long time was good, but if you make good choices (i.e. fish or chicken over beef, etc.) and take supplements for the things you might be missing, it wasn't too bad.

A woman from my bible group asked her doctor and he said the same thing.

I look at it this way, I'm high risk for all sorts of things, including death at this weight, I can't afford to not do something. And if it works and I don't feel bad, then I'm going to stick with it.

As for working out, I used to work as a program director and a step aerobic instructor at a health club, (btw that was my favorite job, so much fun and I learned a lot) and if it doesn't feel good don't do it. Your body lets you know. I know my body pretty well, ALL my body (lol) and if I felt bad I wouldn't do it. Don't over-do it! Add a little when your ready, again your body will let you know. I had a personal trainer/nutrionalist put me on a high protein diet. He looked great!!! He was certified and also a "show" body builder. He had me eat eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, protein and salad for lunch and dinner. Along with lots and lots of water. That's the basic premise of LC.

And ALL of us, couldn't be wrong...could we?!?
Best of luck, and I hope that helps, I sorta rambled.

~Becky