View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I did the fat fast once and lost seven pounds that promptly came back the next week. I think it was all water loss. However, in some ways it helped as I was finally able to see a lower number on the scale! I did go on to lose weight after that so maybe the fat fast did help.

I have never gone back on induction and many people swear that is the way to go. Sure couldn't hurt.

If it was me, I would try the L-Carnitine and oil of oregeno. There are just so many cases where this has really helped stallers out.

One of the things that helps me is to intervene into the monotony of what you are eating if that is an issue. For instance, if you eat a lot of tuna and chicken try eating beef and shellfish. Add some new vegetables and cut out some of the ones that you usually eat. Add some new foods and leave out some old standbys. This works great for me. For some reason, our bodies seem to get real used to what we eat and shaking that up a bit seems to help. Recently, I was stalled for 10 days so I ate a whole grapefruit and some sunflower seeds for my daily carbs instead of my usual veggies. I was down a pound the next morning. So challenge your body and really focus on getting some new foods in.

Good Luck
Orchid