View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 05:45

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Well, I think they have the right idea, but I certainly wish they would get it through their thick skulls that Atkins is (a) not high protein - it's moderate protein, (b) not a diet - it's a way of life, and (c) the fats we are eating are far healthier than that hydrogenated crap found in nearly everything these days. It's also NOT high in salt unless someone is dumping salt on their veggies.

Jeesh, if folks would just read and research before writing they wouldn't come off hitting so many wrong points.

As for no longer term studies, this way of life has been around for 32 years - how much more long term do they want!

As for the main point of the article, something healthy needs to be done to help obese children, I totally agree. Two of the main things they can do is properly educate parents or caregivers on nutritious meals and stop using the tv, electronic games and computers as babysitters. Get those kids out riding bikes, playing team sports or just on healthy walks with their parents. In other words, stop sitting on their ever-increasing butts stuffing their faces with soda and chips!

shortstuff