View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 15:02

Plan: Was Atkins, now CKD
Stats: 222/175/180
BF:
Progress: 112%
Default snacking, bbq, and other LC issues

Hey fellas, new member and new dieter here today. I want to lose about 30 pounds as quickly as I can while being safe about it and doing it slowly enough to be able to maintain...in other words, doing it just right as fast as I can

My questions are these: Is it bad to snack on little things every so often during the day? What I mean by this is like snagging 3 or 4 pork rinds, olives, etc. whenever I get that empty feeling...will that help or slow down my weight loss? I am constantly drinking water and stuff and downing about 70-90 oz. a day. As far as I can count, with my little nibblings here and there, I'm not taking in too many carbs at all - usually maybe a total of 1 carb per small snack.

Also, is it ok to eat BBQ chicken? And, you'll have to excuse my lack of cooking knowledge as I am an 18 year old male...and I know most of you can instantly surmise how very little I do know about cooking...but unless I'm mistaken, BBQ chicken is prepared chicken (baked, fried, grilled...whichever) with a BBQ sauce on it. BBQ sauce is usually pretty sweet, which usually implies..sugar! I'm very much trying to avoid any excess carbs at all (of course), so I was wondering if there is something I'm missing, or is there some kind of low-carb BBQ sauce?

Thanks for any help.

-Kow
Sponsored Links