#5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 03:25
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

dangit I had a nice post, hit the wrong button and it's gone

Anyway, I don't eat much beef or red meat either, mostly because of the cost. Therefor my protien sources are mainly chicken and eggs. I will get salmon when I can afford it and it's loaded with healthy fats. I found that oils cna really help up my fat intake. Mayo can be good, mixed with a little spinach that has the moisture pressed out, then used as a omlette filler. I put extra light (can't stand extra vergin) olive oil on salads, and will suppliment with coconut oil as I love the taste.

As for too much protien, 30% doesn't tell anything. Someone could be having 800 cals a day (and that cna happen on this WOE) while having thier protien at 30% and be way too low. Basiclaly you need enough protien to support your lean mass. Since you know your body fat, figure out your lean pounds. Then have 0.6-1g of protien per lean pound. The range is based on activity level, plus sweating numbers cna be a pain, so anything within that range most days would be good.

Quote:
As far as losing weight, the last 2 weeks there hasn't been much of that, but I have lost inches,

That means you are building lean mass while losing fat. A higher lean mass means higher metabolism, better circulation and a variety of other benifits. Remember it's not always about losing weight, but losing fat. Since you have been losing inches, it may be time to get your body fat tested again. www.mybodycomp.com can be a great site to help with that.