View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 20:15

Plan: new revolution
Stats: 251/214/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%

Dreamnfae as to refrence on your reply please read the following that was written by a nutritionist for dr atkins
Question:
Does drinking lots of water affect the color of the sticks?

NUTRITIONIST:
Not really! The sticks are designed to measure a certain amount of ketones. My experience is that the concentration of the urine should not make much difference unless you are measuring at either extreme. One problem however, which is especially true of women I have found, is that they are chronically dehydrated. They are afraid to drink water because they might gain a pound on the scale. In the office we have a scale that measure percentage of body fat. It also measures levels of hydration because hydration effects the level, the measurement of the body fat. Women should be 50-60% water, Men should be 60-70% water. My patients who measure the lowest % of water, sometimes as low as 39% in women, are the women having the hardest time losing weight. Remember that water is necessary for the millions of chemical reactions that make our bodies work. Including the ones related to our metabolic rate. The more dehydrated we are, the less efficient our bodies will work, and that certainly can effect our ability to lose weight rule of thumb: 8 8oz glasses of water a day and for those of us who exercise 8 oz before exercise 8 oz for every 20 minutes of exercise 8 oz at the end Even in the winter as we can get just as dehydrated exercising in the cold as in the hot, although we are less aware of dehydration in the winter. And remember, that the more junk we add to water, the less healthy it is for us...as in...diet soda