View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default Glad I'm not craving at this time...

For the past several months I've been working as a temp. My "office" is right near the kitchen. I work at a major conference center, where there are events taking place each day. A very popular gourmet restaurant has the food contract, and so every single day I have to walk through the dining room and kitchen to get to the restroom or other offices.

They constantly have tables laden with all kinds of wraps, soups, salads, desserts, wines, and even greater things for the dinners. For some reason, I have been slightly tempted but not because of craving so much as simply a desire to taste the wonderful stuff. However, I've managed to walk by it without a problem.

Well, one day I did sneak a cube of cheese from their wine and cheese table, but that was all.

Why is it that some people have major cravings, and others don't? There was a time in my life when I craved sweets terribly. No longer do.

I recall something about my children's pediatrician saying not to worry about their cravings when they were lvery ittle, and to let them eat whatever they wanted. He said that they weren't programmed to eat anything in particular yet, and the cravings were a sign of what their body needed. So, if they craved and ate only carrots, its because of a lack of certain nutrients, or applesause, or whatever.

I recall going through periods of my adult life where I'd actually crave cake yeast (I loved the texture and taste), or raw ground beef, etc.

Still, since I'm on LC, I haven't really had any cravings...I think mostly because I'm staying away from sugar. That seems to start the cycle for me of craving all kinds of things.

Okay...back to work...gotta go deliver some reports...through the dining room where about 100 people are having lunch.