View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 14:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Wow, Songberrie, you do have a handful there. Have you checked out the recipe board and forums here? There are a ton of LC recipes, and tons of casserole recipes. Also check out the Atkins site (www.atkinscenter.com) for recipes. There are a lot of things you can put into a casserole other than potatoes and noodles.

You might just have to lay down the law to DH, as hard as that sounds. You say he supports you (I think you said the LC "was the only diet he thinks I should do), and yet his actions don't sound very supportive. This is your life and your health. Please excuse me if I'm getting too personal, but I see from your stats that you're around 300 pounds. You really need to get a handle on your weight before it causes serious health issues. Is DH in need of a low-carb lifestyle change also?

I say sneak it in. He wants real cheesecake? Fine. Make him a real cheesecake, but substitute Splenda (or SF flavored syrup) for half the sugar. Then next time, make it more Splenda and even less sugar. Pretty soon he'll be eating your low-carb desserts and not knowing the difference.

Try some new recipes. Any "diet" can get boring if you eat the same things every day. Mix it up. Try new recipes. You (and he) might be pleasantly surprised!