View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 05:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ellie, sorry to hear you're still not feeling good. I don't mean to intrude, but do you think maybe you should see a different doctor for a second opinion?

And thanks for the heads-up on the low-carb (mega-high-calorie) entrees. A while back Wendy mentioned she had a low-carb meal at a restaurant and splurged and had cheesecake. Said she couldn't finish the dessert because it was so rich and tasted like it was probably 1,000 calories all on its own.

We low-carbers have the metabolic advantage of being able to eat more calories than high-carbers (for solid scientific reasons I won't go into here), but calories do still matter. Both Dr. Atkins and the Drs. Eades have said so.

And while we're on the subject . . . Acipenser, I think 1600 calories sounds more in the right ballpark for you. Why don't you try it for a while (several weeks) and see what happens?

When I looked back in my FitDay journal, I found I was eating no more than 1300 calories per day, even though I wasn't worried back then about calories at all. I do remember not EVER being hungry. People at work used to comment all the time about "Is that all you're going to eat? Is that going to hold you until dinner?" And it always did.

According to the "10 times your body weight" idea, I should be eating 1600 calories a day. That just doesn't seem to work for me.

And speaking of how I'm doing, let's just say that I've invented a new form of exercise and have taken it to new levels.

It's called "back-sliding."

Renee, I'm up 3 pounds again, too. I know what it is. Every time I have a glass of wine or whiskey in the evening, I end up eating something else I shouldn't (or more of "legal" food than I should). Also, I've been eating off plan here and there. Although I don't think it's a problem to eat off plan occasionally, doing so several times a week is too much.

I keep complaining that I'm having so much trouble dropping the weight this time, and yet not doing what I need to do. Those 6 little words from Dr. Phil (not that I necessarily take stock in anything he says) have been pinging around in my head lately: "So how's that working for you?"

Not well. I know what I need to do. I need to just do it.

PS: Kat, I don't have time right this second to go to your journal (have errands to run), but I'll definitely look at it this afternoon. You don't have to use FitDay; your own spreadsheet is just fine. Just so you have a record to look back on.