View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 23:34
Low-Carber 4 Life

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 355/232/195 Male 6'0"
BF:(?/<?/<<?)
Progress: 77%

I agree with everybody, you made some good choices at the buffet. I think I would have trouble with the amount of food as well. Ever since I was a kid my father would tell be that buffet eating was all about "getting your monies worth". He would be upset with me if I didn't make at least 3 trips up.

The thing I am having to watch while following this WOE is noticing when I am full. For the past 30 years I have eaten until I was way past full. Now when I am full I have to watch myself so that I don't keep eating till I'm stuffed. All my life it was "finish whats on your plate" "don't waste food" "take all you want but eat all you take" etc...

Again, you did well at that buffet. You have a great lesson and memory to draw upon now for the next time you are eating beyond a comfortable level.

As for ketosis, it is possible to come out of it if you eat too much protein, but I don't think you went that far. Even if you did though the best thing to do is jump back on that horse. Do you use keytone urine test strips? Maybe having some around to check would help ease your fears.

Good luck and happy losing