View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:43
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Think of this diet as a journey and a learning process. One of the great things about eliminating most foods form your diet and then adding them back slowly is you learn what foods you can tolerate. Some foods you identify as trigger foods. These are the foods that when you eat soem you get hungry, cravings, or just want more regardless of how full you feel. For me a huge trigger is cream, especially whipped.

Experiment. If you are losing weight and feel good, then don't barrow worry. If you get to a point you just aren't losing (remember soem small plateaus are normal) or you feel poorly, then see what changes can be made.

Fresh deli meat is often listed at 0 carbs per serving, but can have sugar. Something can have up to 0.99g of carbs and be listed as 0, so always read ingredients. Tomatos and onions can be fine for most people, but for others they are too high in natural sugars. Tomatoes are also a fruit, which is why some have problems with them.

I wouldn't worry ketosis either. If you are losing, then you are burning fat. The ketosis does have appitite suppression in some people. Alot of people find just before a period of weight loss they are suddenly starving. It's like thier body wants reassurance they aren't starving and it really is ok to let the energy stores go. For me a little broccoli and cheese mix with some colby jack on top would really help.