#6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 16:20
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

Congratulations of starting ATKINS, losing weight, and
buying the book so you can start studing it.
I've reviewed your fitday from 3/9 to 3/11. What I'm going to say next is JMO. I'm speaking from my own personal experience. I too went thru this same thing you've talked about. I'd eat two eggs, w/cheese and bacon. Be starving in an hour to two. Started FITDAY, reviewed everything and found just what I see in your post.

So here goes.

I don't think you are eating enough good fat each day. I'm wondering if you're in ketosis.

(And please, I know every post about why ketosis isn't that important and isn't necessary. But, for me, if I'm not turning purple, I'm stalled, because I've gotten some hidden sugar in something.)

Why? Because I see hidden sugars in your diet. Where?
First go to the top of the FORUM and click on LC Tips. Scroll down and read about Sweetners. Now, I think you're getting sugars from possibly your salad dressing, the deli ham, the pepperoni, tomatoes and onions. Lastly, anything breaded and fried like the chicken breast, even though the skin wasn't eaten, is a no no.

So, I increased the fat, lost the hidden sugars, drink 10-12 8 oz water a day, stay within FAT 65%-70% CARBS 5% PROTEIN 25%-30%. And I am still VERY HIGH PURPLE on my sticks. And I don't do shakes, bars or other processed foods because they stall me immediately.