View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 06:15

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

notgivnup,

I agree with what has been said already - there is plenty of acceptable food on a cruise ship. The real answer lies in you, however. The answer depends on who you are, and what motivates or drives you. Would having a cheat day help you eat right the rest of the cruise? Would having a cheat day distract you from eating this way and cause more temptation at meal time? Can you have a small treat every once in a while without it getting out of control?

These are questions only you can answer. My personal philosophy is that special times are going to come along in the time it takes to lose this much weight. If this is a WOL instead of a diet - it has to be something you can do long term. If you have the internal fortitude to sit and watch people eating all the desserts you used to love - then do that. If it helps you to stay in this WOE to have a small portion, enjoy it, and move on - then do that. Do whatever it takes to make this WOE doable long term.

The only time I would advise against this is if you are addicted to carbs like an alcoholic is to booze. If you can't eat a small portion without going out of control - then I recommend staying away from it entirely.

I hope this helps - and most of all - HAVE FUN!