View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 20:07

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

You are not getting much of a response becuase it seems that the majority of people on this board stay at 20g, and almost everybody below 30g, for the majority of their weight loss. People are afraid of 'slowing there weight loss' (I can't help noticing that many of these same people stall for long periods). I am interested in the poll results!

I stopped adding when I reached grains even though I was only at 50g or so and could have pushed it more, and stayed there for the majority of my weight loss just becuase it was easier. I have been doing pre-maintence (I started a little early maybe, but wanted to start taking sandwiches to work) and upped to about 100g in the last 6 weeks.

Following the plan almost exactly as written has given me fantastic results, and I think it is a worry that so many people here laugh at those on 'asskins' and becuase there induction-permancy diets are 'allowed' by Atkins they are therefore great. From the maintence board I know that those who follow OWL maintain better. And although Atkins said you could stay on Induction longer, I think many people do so unneccessarily. And they learn less becuase of it - Doing OWL has taught me a lot. For example, I know that sugars (lactose, fruit sugar) cause me more problems then starches.

The biggest lesson I learnt in OWL is that the carb ladder is just a guide. It is also important to remember that as you 'move up a rung' you shouldn't just substitute all earlier rungs. IE - don't eat less vegies becuase you are getting too many carbs from strawberries.

I am glad that you are doing OWL and I wish you luck!