View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 12:14
living kaizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 510/406/195 Male 6 feet baby...
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hurray! Look, I hate McDonald's more than the next person. (Ask my wife who could live on 1/4 pounders and I refuse to go into McDonalds). However, these guys are only promoting what they promise - an inexpensive quick meal. McDonalds has never said how healthy their meals are. Hardee's has gone out of their way to talk about the extra fat and thickness of their burgers. Jack in the Box brags about the milk fat content of their shakes.

And most have gone out of their way to offer "healthier" alternatives. Every fast food place now has salads. They're only responding to what the public wants.

Should companies be punished for providing a reliable, necessary service? NO! Parents should be punished for feeding their kids crap 24/7 and then whining that the Kroc family is to blame.

The complete and total lack of personal accountability and responsibility that we have sown into American society is obscene. It has to be stopped. This to me is a place where we're saying "enough is enough". Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head to eat cheeseburgers. No one has shown that a cheeseburger is chemically addictive and no one has shown that companies set out to mislead the public with respect to the healthiness of their product (though the recent KFC debacle shows how that can be put down).

And I for one don't want my BK double cheeseburger to go from 99 cents to $1.45 to cover the cost of frivolous law suits.

And I do think without tort reform and an overhaul of how we handle lawsuits in this country, we will destroy ourselves from within. So good for our congress in taking steps to stop the silliness.

H