#3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 08:17
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good Morning!

Hello everyone.. it's a sunny day here in atlanta.. not sure what the temp is..but sun is sun.. and makes everything else seem allright!

Here is a yummy recipe that Happygirl shared with me. I had them for breakfast and I only used a tsp of butter on mine, and it was delicious. Oh, and the brand that I found at walmart was called Mission, and found them on a different endcap over in the deli section all by themselves! I am enjoying the wheat ones, and they only have 5 NET carbs.($2.18 pkg)

Sopapilla's

1 Low Carb Soft Tortilla/fajita shell
Skillet with 1 inch of hot oil
1 tablespoon butter
cinnamon and splenda to taste

Place the tortilla in the oil for a moment and when it bubbles up turn and cook for another moment on other side. One done...drain oil and place on plate...Put tbsp of butter on top...move it around so that it melts all over the top...Then sprinkle the cinnamon/splenda mixture on top.

I used a good bit of cinnamon so that I wouldn't have the after taste of the splenda. These were so great...I can't wait to have more tomorrow. I used the low carb shells from wal-mart (Name-Mama Lupe's, cost 2.24/pk).

I named these Sopapilla's because thats what my friend said they taste like and I have never tried them. To me they tasted like a really good piece of cinnamon toast but better.