View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 08:07
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

You can't convince anyone of anything. You CAN be an example. "Actions speak louder than words." And others can see your results over time. You can tell others about your way IF THEY ASK and are curious. Unless people are asking, you're just wasting your time.

First of all, look at your own life and the process that brought you to NeanderThin. How did you come upon this WOE? How long did it take you to become committed? How bad did you have to feel before you did something about it? Other people must have the experience that takes them to the threshhold of discovery and commitment. For me, no one told me about NeanderThin. I "came across" the information on the internet when I was ready to see it, when I had hit rock bottom in my health and had to have a new way.

Diet is like anything else controversial: politics, religion, how to raise children, etc. People seek their own level, and if what is chosen isn't working, if they start to have horrible results and they can see that their results are a direct result of their choice, THEN they will start looking for a new method. Then they will start asking. Until then, presenting a new method is just "spitting in the wind."

I'm teaching myself to have unconditional compassion for everyone in my life (and this ain't easy). To me, unconditional compassion is allowing others to seek their personal truth and follow their own path without judgment. Just because YOU can see the "error of their ways" doesn't mean THEY can. And until they do, they won't be seeking another way.

When my adult son was visiting yesterday, I saw him feeling kind of lousy. I also saw him drinking a lot of alcohol, not drinking water, eating junk, and feeding sugar to his step-son, while at the same time wondering why the boy is so demanding and agressive. It kills me to see this. He was slightly curious as to why I was eating my own separate dinner, different than anyone else, but when I told him, he didn't pursue it. He didn't want details. The conversation quickly shifted to something else. And I had to stop with just a brief explanation. This is very difficult. Maybe some day, he'll ask me more and be interested. Maybe some day, my results will be so impressive to him that he'll begin to wonder. Maybe not. That's the way it is.