View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-01, 08:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default Blew it with alcohol...or did I?

Yesterday, I was doing so well on low carbing. Then a friend came over with a bottle of vodka (she already knows that I can only drink distilled liquor, if anything) and diet tonic. We sat around and talked all night. By the time we were done, I had drunk about 12 oz of vodka.

Not only that, but my upstairs neighbor makes wine. After my friend left, I heard him in the basement, and went down and sat around while he pressed grapes. Of course, he opened a bottle, and I had a couple of glasses of red wine.

My head hurts from mixing.

However, the diet I had planned for the day never came to be, and I just snacked on some summer sausage and cheese instead, which are very low carbohydrate.

In short, my total calorie intake remained below 2000 and my carbs were around 13.

This morning, hungover, I got on the scale thinking I was bloated (as I tend to get at times when I drink) and expected to feel bad about my weight going up again, but found I had lost another pound!

So, while I blew it, I continued to lose and do okay. So, let's just say I have mixed feelings right now. I feel like crap because I shouldn't have drunk so much and because according to fitday, half my calories came from alcohol! Yet, I feel good that I am continuing to lose.

Now, gotta go nurse this hangover.....
Sponsored Links