View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/192.2/120 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

It sounds like it's a lot less restrictive than Atkins. Basically the major difference between SBD and Atkins is that SBD really stresses to limit the saturated fat. Red meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise etc. which I think makes the diet alot harder to stick to (sounds alot like what I did when I was on a low fat diet-which I obviously failed miserably). But now I know that "I" didn't fail, my diet did!!

Is your family supportive of the diet? It's hard to cook for my family when nobody ever seems to want what I can have. My middle son asked me one time when I was in the kithcen "Mom, what are you doing?" I said I was making supper, to which he promptly replied, "Oh darn, I don't like supper!!" That about sums up my meal dilemmas. But I must say when I can get them to eat what I am eating they eat a lot healthier than before.

You mentioned that you were worried about passing bad eating habits to your kids. You are not alone. Chalk up another reason for this WOE! I hope my children will not have the food issues that were passed down in my family.
Have a great day-going to bed. I work third shift!!

Jill