View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 07:31

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Snot (er, I mean Flaxseeds) for Breakfast

I used to eat flaxseeds for breakfast with some heavy cream and SF maple syrup, but I've forgotten how I made it.

I looked back through my Fitday records, and found I used 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup heavy cream, a little salt, and topped it with a drizzle of SF maple syrup.

But how long do I nuke it? I tried it this morning on high and set it for 1 minute. After about 40 seconds, it was all puffy and I figured it was done. When I took it out, it was too thick. Snotty, but thick.

Think 30 seconds on high is about right?

By the way, the numbers with those ingredients come to 345 calories, 32 grams of fat, 13 grams carbs (6 fiber), and 6 grams of protein.

I was surprised by the carb count of the flaxseeds. Fitday said 3 Tbsp come to 10 carbs with 4 fiber, and the Corinne Netzer book says 3 Tbsp come to 11 carbs with 6 fiber. Yet other places I've read that the fiber almost equals the amount of carbs.

Who's right?

Edited to add: I just checked the online USDA site, and it came up with the following (rounded up) for 3 Tbsp: 177 calories, 12 grams fat, 12 grams carbs, 9 grams fiber, and 7 grams protein. I think I'll stick with these numbers.
Sponsored Links