View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-01, 01:24
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

essjay, if you want to get the answers you want to your questions, it would really help if you asked the right question.

This question is entirely different...

Quote:
Good veggies? Side dishes?
I would really like to eat something with meat that is not lettuce cheese or eggs. Any suggestions?

...from what you asked here:

Quote:
I checked the low carb kitchen and recipes before posting here but I'm not really looking for recipes. I like my veggies plain with maybe a touch of butter. I'm looking for a short list of veggies that I can eat with a piece of chicken or steak that isn't high in carbs. Is there such a list?

There is a list in Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution in the Rules for Induction chapter, so refer to it often.

There also is a list here, but it is green vegetables only from high to low - total carb grams including fiber - that were used as part of our study group project. You can also eat daikon radish, radishes, cucumbers, limited tomatoes and all Chinese green, leafy vegetables. You can also use the Carb Counter on the site and scroll through the list of vegetables from lowest to highest.

How much of them you can eat is purely personal depending upon the level of carbohydrates you require for OWL.

Karen