View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 21:23

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Is there a polite way to advise people?

I have done my level best since discovering the miracle of eating correctly not to overwhelm people I know with advice and nagging. It certainly bothers me when people tell me how to live. So I avoid telling people too much about my diet, although I feel like shouting it from the mountaintop. When it comes to the media bashing lc lifestyles, I go out of my way to defend, citing research and examples. But for the food choices made by people I know, I am reticent to critique. For example, my wonderful fiance will not give up beer. He brews his own and loves it. I'm not going to be passive-aggressive nor a nag about it, even though I think it hurts him. A girl he knows, a carb-loading, exercise freak "health nut," drinks soy milk, eats tofu, does everything possible with soy. She's twenty and has tumors in her ovaries. My best friend eats cereal for breakfast, something equally bad for lunch, and then pasta for dinner. Although she buys all of this packaged food, she says she can't afford to do lc.

I feel all I can do is hope that they will discover the truth. But man, I so want to buy everyone copies of Neanderthin and copy articles about things.
Sponsored Links