View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 18:28
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

I think it is always bad to ban the right to complain about something, even though most of these lawsuits are indeed frivolous. This is one of very few issues with which I have a problem forming a strong opinion. In my life, I am totally convinced that my addiction to sugar in all its deadly forms is just as strong as a heroin addiction. Proof positive: I trully believe that bingeing on sugary food could kill me, and yet I sometimes put the pleasure it brings me ahead of my own health. Drug addiction is the same, but I am not willing to say we should make all drugs available to anyone willing to take them. Yet I think that holding food companies responsible for obesity is idiotic. We all have the choice what to eat. If that choice were ever taken from the high-carbers, then what's to stop it from happening to us? At this point, of course, that doesn't seem to be the goal. I am sure, though, there are low-carbers who would love to ban bread and sugar from supermarket shelves. What we all must remember, though, is how stupid those animal rights activists look during their demonstrations against eating meat.