View Single Post
  #274   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 16:52
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

I thought I would revive this thread with a story that I'm still smiling about today.

I went shopping for a new suit yesterday. I really wanted a pair of basic black wool pants. (Turns out they're really hard to find right now!) Anyway, I finally found the one store in the whole mall that did have black wool pants. I pulled out a pair of 18W slacks and the 20W jacket - and both were too big! I searched for the size 16s and couldn't find any. So I tried the 18s on again, just to be sure. Yup, still too big. The pants were 138 bucks and I really didn't want to spend that kind of money on pants that I would most likely wear only once (and didn't really fit). So I left and was going to head to another mall. Half way out, I changed my mind, and decided to get them even if they were too big. So I went back, grabbed them, and headed up to pay. On a whim, I asked the sales lady how big the misses sizes went to. It turns out that they had size 18 misses so I tried them on, totally not thinking they would fit but they did! So, the women's sizes were too big, I was actually able to buy a misses size! And they were 10 bucks cheaper!

How great is that? I think its funny that it never even occurred to me to check out the misses section. I bet I haven't done that in over 10 years!