View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 14:43
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Wow, your schedule sounds horrible, I feel really bad for you (unless of course you enjoy this hectic life) -

If I was you, I would get up earlier in order to exercise - because I know (even though I have NOWHERE near the schedule you do, that if I wait till the end of the day I will be just too tired/lazy by then to do it) depending on the exercise program you do you might not have to get up anymore than 20-30 minutes early. I often am exercising within 4 minutes of waking up (but I have everything at home).

The resistance bands are an excellent idea and how about an exercise ball - they sell them with pumps so they can be deflated and inflated quickly and I imagine they would be easy to pack. I've seen a book called the 6 minute solution (I think) and it's a series of exercises that can be done in 6 minutes a day.

Quote:
I bought an exercise DVD so hopefully I'll do that but it's still about finding the time...

ok I know some people here think I'm a bit overboard on exercise - but I would say it's more about making the time - you still have 12-14 hours a day left and all you want to do is squeeze in between 20-60 minutes of exercise - reading BFL was very inspiring for me and at some point after I started exercising I realized that it didn't work if I didn't do it - there were a lot of times I didn't really want to work out because I was tired or lazy but I did and the feeling of accomplishment after was like a high!!! There were times I delayed workouts and would look at the clock and think - jeesh if I'd started at 6:00 I'd already be done - instead of sitting there having one more cup of coffee or watching one TV show - is there one television show you could give up watching at night? As to your question about dinner (if you choose to exercise at night) - I'd exercise first and have a relaxing dinner when I was done.

Looking at your profile, I couldn't find out much about you but do you have much control over the hours you work - if you have the power to maybe you need to look at your schedule and make sure you can program in time for your exercise - after all in the end it will benefit your health. Good luck with this - If I was your boss I'd give you an exercise hour