Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 13:04

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: eating unlimited food

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticki
I must confess that the debate on this thread has worried me considerably.

I was under the impression that I could eat what I wanted, following the guidelines, until my carb count was 20g ( I am still on Induction). Being as big as I am I sure can eat! But I have never gone over my 20g. I am losing weight, but are people recommending that I also have to count calories and protien / fat ratios to improve my weight loss.

Sticki, if things are working for you then you're following the plan. Are you happy? Do you feel good? Are you eating when you're hungry? are you losing? If you answered yes, then there is nothing for you to worry about. Jesper's point was that some people are not doing as well as you are; they are encountering problems very early on in which ever program they are following. As goodacre pointed out when you get closer to your goal, or if you experience a true stall (true stall = 6 weeks with No weight loss and No inches lost) you can revisit the quantities and qualities of food you are eating. If everything is going smoothly for you then keep counting your carbs, drinking your water, exercising, and count calories ONLY with the intention of eating enough food (10 to 12 times your body weight). The suggestion to check out fitday.com is a great one. Use fitday not in a restrictive sense, but as a tool to help you understand what you're eating and how different levels of calories make your WOE work for you.

And above all, stop worrying

Nat