View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 11:57

Plan: no plan - just low sugar
Stats: 230/227/130 Female 5' 2
BF:thats why Im here
Progress: 3%
Default I know...fat clothes are for giants!

Thank you for your response Jill! I was happy to see you there this morning!
I agree! I always tease my dh that I am going to start a line of clothes for shorties like us who need room for the abundant boobage. lol! (btw I am 5'3"). That's tall actually, since my parents are only 5'7" and 4'11.5". My little sister is ever an inch taller than me...brat!

Wow, you have your hands full! I know, as I said I run a daycare. I have two right now, they are busy watching tv, but I have to go soon and start preschool projects with them.

About the pcos, I knew something was wrong with me forever, but never could figure it out. I always had weight problems since 19 yrs old, irregular periods and mood swings. I was infertile for 8 years before I started line dancing in the 90's and dieted down to 165 lbs. I guess that got my insulin regular enough to ovulate or something cuz surprise! ds was conceived. My doc told me that if I want more children that I should have one immediately because my body would be more fertile since it just had a baby. Baby # 2, dd was born the next year. They are 15 months apart. I wish I could have spread them out and enjoyed having a baby twice, but I am grateful for them that is for sure! I guess that is why I couldn't leave them and go back to work, hense the daycare.

You should get the testing done to find out for sure if you are a pcos sufferer. There is a good book on it called pcos, a woman's guide to dealing with pcos, by Colette Harris and Dr. Adam Carey. The symptoms are weight problems, usually upper body and middle, extreme moods, facial hair and hair on belly and or breasts, scant and irregular periods, infertility and acne (never had the acne symptom). We are lucky, I used to talk to ladies on a pcos support website and a lot of them are infertile with no children. I used to because they were quite bitter with those of us who do have kids and I got tired of all the cat fights posted. I finally got diagnosed because it had been 3 months since my last period and I felt off. I walked in the door and the nurse practitioner immediately suspected pcos. She said I had the classic build and complaints. Sure enough my blood tests revealed my insulin problems and the ultasound showed ovaries full of cysts. The cysts are eggs that were never released in ovulation and reabsorbed into a little bump like thing. So the ovarties appear, well, bumpy! lol! It sounds like you know the dangers that lie ahead if left untreated because of your dad. I personally do not want to die of heart disease or any of the other. How are you feeling now?

Ok, back to the diet. I did great yesterday, until dinner. I ate only 3 ounces of chicken to have a six pack of corona with lime. Love them! I ate only 1874 cal all day, but I am not supposed to drink beer anymore or carbs, and beers are carbs of course. That was the only alcohol I had in a week tho. I was raised in a drinking family and used to love to party with my friends. I'm no alcoholic rest assured, but I miss corona. Silly heh? (I dropped one pound today tho! Yeah! ) Now of course I am craving carbs like crazy because of my indiscretion (spelling?) last night. I was good a breakfast tho and had only a 6 oz hamburger patty with catsup and mustard and a little mayo. Oh and bunless.

Well, it's time for preschool. Thank you writing and please keep the notes
coming! Tera