#8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Hi Val:
they suggested i take Prevacid to curb acid production. also, oatmeal and bananas are well known stomack healers, which we can't have on low carb, LOL anyway, i never had it that bad before however, as you mentioned, it was on a background since I've started low carb and is still there but very mild. interesting, but a day before I ate Atkins cold cereal and the same day I've cooked some low carb pasta for dinner, both products for the first time. Pasta tasted exactly like indigestible sponge rubber or even worst, cereal was too sweet for my taste. Pasta was so bad, that I've tossed the remaining with the box right away. The cereal box was next to go, LOL and the next day I've got this horrible pain. i didn't connect these two, but may be too much soy or gluten, which is this low carb pasta is made of, not sure. I'm not big fan of low carb products, and this was last time I've bought it, after I've tossed Flax-O-meal hot cereal, yuk. I still feel very mild cramping in esophagus and take Prevacid, which takes care of burning in my tummy. anyway, try to stay away from spicy food, alcohol, strong cofee and icy cold beverages. it irritates stomack and it'll produce more acid. generally, i've eased up on carbs lately because of stomack. also, baco, sausages, and such with MSG and lot's of sodium is the worst if there is a stomack pain. it's easy to develop gastritis, and most of us have to a certain degree after 40. i'm just trying to eat mostly steamed and boiled, sauteed but nothing fried , and nothing hot or cold, less sodium and few smaller meals. dairy, especially cheese, requries more acid to be digested. so, not so good news for low carbers.
good luck,
dina