View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 203/203/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wendy, you are getting great advice here. Dr. Atkins advises just to at least try it for the first 2 weeks, because that is the strictest time of his plan and if you decide it's not for you, then try something else.

As far as checking with you doctor goes----DEFINITELY!!!! The reason I say that is because I was going to my doctor strictly because of my weight problem and she wanted to eliminate different things I could have been going through that was causing me to put weight on, also check my health at the same time. In the end, she gave me her book and said, "look, you're just one of those people who cannot have carbohydrates without suffering the consequences and you need to try this diet for 1 month, because I think it will do you wonders." She was all for it and I'm glad she did suggest it, b/c I would have never even thought about it otherwise. I know there are a lot of doctors that are very much against this WOE, but like the previous thread, there has been nothing negative about it that has been reported as a fact.

I love it, for many reasons. I think you should try it just to see that it makes you feel better all around. It's a great concept. Now days everything off of the shelf is processed and packed with all of these chemicals, I personally think that's why so many more people are getting sick these days.....just my opinion....

Well, it definitely can't hurt you for trying it, so give it a shot. You can always turn to us for reassurance.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Rachelle