View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 14:35

Plan: no plan - just low sugar
Stats: 230/227/130 Female 5' 2
BF:thats why Im here
Progress: 3%
Question any other petite women over 200 lbs on insulin resistance diet?

Hi! I am a 36 yr old mom of dd 8, and ds 10. I run an at home daycare to support my family, as hubby is a full-time student. (He worked for 12 years at a dead-end job and is going to change careers.) Anyway, I am looking for support pals who are in the same weight/height boat. So far I have lost almost 20 pounds.

My story: I found out the day of the 9-11 terrism that I have insulin resistance and pcos, a hormonal and ovarian disease. I was off- and-on doing atkins and zone dieting... honestly, not very seriously. (I went from 224 to 203. In less than 2 years I gained it almost all back.) Well, I started to feel very unhealthy recently with heart racing and palpitations. I decided to get serious. I purchased a good quality treadmill and weight lifting system and turned the garage into a gym! I started doing the insulin resistance diet since reading the book about 6 months ago. I started again at 219 lbs last Oct. and six months later am only down to 205. I am ready to get serious about this weight loss, and am looking for buddies to go thru the daily rigors together! My weaknesses are pizza, alcohol, eating out at fancy restaurants, and since I quit drinking alcohol altogether a week ago, desserts!

I worry about my kiddos. My kids are very active now, dd is a swimmer for the city swim team, a front runner even! Ds is a baseball player and is always busy playing basketball or something with the neighbor kids. But I worry about what they eat and my part in teaching what them to eat. I want to be a good example for them as much as I want to be healthy and thin again. I was a lovely popular teen, and I wish so much to look and feel like that again! Anyone who wants to talk please write. I am ready this time!
Tera
Sponsored Links