#11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 19:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesper
I can only interpret your objections to my posts that either you believe that the results are less important, or you believe that everyone that tries the ketogenic diet will automatically get the desired results. My experience points to the opposite.

My comments were not objections they were a difference of opinion, coming from a different point of view.
Quote:
I appreciate your possition, however most people looking for help and information on this board are trying to overcome the idea that eating fat, protein and more than 1200 calories is bad for them; the fine tweaking of the percentages and ratios is something that should happen further down the line . But I am repeating myself here

Quote:
Your statement is valid, but you must take into account that most people who are new to this WOE are coming off low fat diets where calories were severely restricted. Overeating is not their most common problem, undereating is. This is why it is essential when starting out that calories not be restricted.

It seems that you missed the part about "further down the line" and not restricting calories "when starting out", which was the point I was making. I read the journals of the members who post here, a majority of the ones experiencing stalls are not eating enough. That's not enough fat, not enough protein and not enough calories. Some are not eating enough carbs. Convincing them of that is difficult enough w/o adding "oh by the way, don't eat too much protein or you wont lose as fast". This can be done later once LC is a WOL or "further down the line."

Nat