#8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 09:16
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
So, I took my perfect pancake maker (basically a small pan with a lid)...and added layer of Coconut Oil to the bottom of the pan. Then, I added 1.5 ounces (18g Net CHO) of Organic Popping Corn. It was a little messy (i.e. Some of the Popcorn came out of the pan.) I drizzled the Popcorn with Butter, and ate about half of it. 1/4 oz. worth of Kernels failed to pop. So, I probably had about 5/8-3/4 of an ounce (7-9g Net CHO) of Popcorn popped in Coconut Oil and covered with Real Butter.

Congratulations, cc! You've just made popcorn the way everyone made it when I was a child. (Hint: Use a bigger saucepan and push the pan back and forth on the burner rapidly while it's popping.....This distributes it more evenly and keeps it from burning on the bottom....and more of the kernels are popped. Cook on high heat and take off burner immediately after the popping slows almost to a standstill.)

If I were still eating it, that's the way I would still be popping it. The more melted butter, the better. Also good with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it.

Kay