View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 19:42

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy I'm losing my hair. Theories?

Okay, my hair has started falling out. It doesn't look like it's getting thinner, but at the rate it's coming out now, it's only a matter of time!

I know others have had this problem, but I honestly didn't expect to because of how much my fingernails have improved since beginning Atkins. I can see the difference between my old growth and my new growth, and I figured the same thing was happening with my hair. In fact, a few weeks ago my husband mentioned that my new hair (the few inches closest to my scalp) was looking quite healthy. Shortly after he said that, though, I noticed the increased shedding.

I have a theory about LC hair loss. Someone please tell me if this sounds crazy. I naturally have fine hair (though quite a bit of it); I am guessing that the individual hair shafts growing out right now are thicker than in my pre-LC days, just like my fingernails and toenails. If you think of a hair shaft like a steel rod, then if you bent a steel rod that went from a smaller diameter to a large diameter with no gradation, it would probably break right at the point where the size changed. I think that might be what's happening to my hair.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?
Sponsored Links