View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 10:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Question about how exercise affects weight loss

Hi. I started exercising a couple of weeks ago...not much...20 min. on a stationary bike, 20 reverse sit-ups, 20 leg lifts, 10-15 modified push-ups 5x per week. It seemed to me that the exercise slowed my weight loss. Because of my perception I quit exercising, even though I knew I shouldn't. Started feeling guilty about it and have started exercising again. Before I started exercising this week I had lost 1-1.5 lbs. I've been exercising 4 days and am back up with a loss of 0 this week. Could this be due to the exercise? There are other factors, but I'm just wondering if exercise can slow or stop weight loss? And for how long? Will there come a time when my body gets used to the exercise and the weight loss will even out...or should I expect to have slower loss while doing exercise from now on?

No matter what the answer is, I'm not going to stop exercising...I'm too convinced of the benefits...but I do want to have a sensible understanding so that I can adjust my expectations accordingly. Thank you for any opinions.
Sponsored Links