Registered Member

Plan: efgt (modified)
Stats: // Female
BF:
Progress:
Default Chocolate Iced Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkins_not
thats cool i might get it soon, but also does anyone know a recipe for choc ice cream? because i fount one but unsure
200ml cream
some splenda lol
and vanilla protein shake mix

so instead shall i use Whey Protein Powder or is that different to vanilla protein shake mix?

Hi

Try this for a quick fix - the measures are approx and not critical and no need for why powder...

1 small pot double cream (5 Fl Oz or a little more) (whipping cream also works)
1 dessertsp cocoa powder (not drink - the stuff thats about 10 carbper 100 gr)
1 dessertsp splenda (mine is kept with vanilla pods in it)
1 bare tsp vanilla essence (mine is home made with vanilla pod steeped in vodka)
about 1/4 tsp granulated coffee powder (optional its adds depth and I sometimes use the flavoured granulated coffee sold by Whittard - for Mocha ice add more coffee and less cocoa)

(1 dsp = roughly 2 level tsp)

Whisk together - I use the (Delia recommended) Lakeland hand whisk but, if you want to, you can do it with an electric whisk. The trick is not to overwhip - just to sort of soft peak. If you overwhip you end up with a sort of horrid textured butter.

Pop back into the cream pot - it should almost overflow (and then "lick the bowl" as you will find a little left over) - actually I often just use the small plastic bowl I whip it in. Bung in freezer for about an hour and a half. What you get is frozen on the outside and soft inside - not really icecream, hence now called iced cream!

The vodka slows the freezing but do not leave it more than 2 hours as it will go solid and the texture will not recover if you put in the fridge to cure (lack of sugar and no egg - which I do add if I do this in the icecream maker but I never remember to put the bowl in the freezer in time).

I now use less splenda and am aiming to get to the point where I don't need it. Very piggy and very comforting

SL