View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 05:30

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
Default Cold chills and pain ful bowel region (especially on right hand side)

I went to a two day workshop. The hall was very cold but at least we had the outside sun the first day to thaw out in when we had breaks. The second day I wore more clothes but it was even colder and very cloudy outside with a cold breeze. We all got very cold but I was shivering by the end of the day. Lunch I also had wheat which I don't usually have (couldn't find my especially catered meal). I was severely bloated within about half an hour of having the bread. By the end of the day and last night I was feeling quite sick.

I wore so much to bed, with heavy quilt and a thick blanket (it is autumn here so it is not exactly freezing). I am still having the cold chills today but not as bad (though worse tonight). I am still wearing a lot of layers of clothes. My stomach is so sore and bloated especially on the lower right side.

A similiar thing happened last year after getting cold at a one day symposium. I went down hill after lunch and was doubled over with pain in the ladies toilets. I was so sick that night and was admitted to hospital the next day with suspected apendicitis. I was on a drip with nil by mouth for almost two days. I had lots of tests but they could not find anything wrong apart from a lot of flatulence when I had the ultrasound and showing a mild fever and raised white blood cells in the blood test.

I was so weak and still in pain when I left hospital. Although I improved it took a few weeks. They thought I might have a grumbly appendix. I also was very constipated while in hospital ( which is unusual for me). I took glycerin suppositories which fixed that and I also did the same today. Although I hadn't been for a few days (unusual), the stools were not hard.

My husband reckons it is due to stress (I was stressed last year, was servere low carb plus had to drive 4 hours to conference). This year it was local and although I was a bit stressed because I thought I should have been home studying instead the workshop was a lot of fun and generally quite relaxed.

Has anyone had anything similiar happen to them. It is awful and I would like to avoid it in future.
Sponsored Links