View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 18:46

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I think part of the reason (the biggest part in my opinion) for the "annecdotal" reports of complications, not being able to stick with the plan, etc are due to the people who are "doing low carb" and have no idea what they're doing!

They don't read labels. So....even tho they don't have the bread, they have the frozen veggies in "butter" sauce. Or they eat the LF dressings, or all meat and fat and no veggies, or they just plain don't eat enough!

A woman I work with said she tried LC and was "starving all the time" from it. Well....come ti find out, she was doing Atkins. and while she did read the book, she didn't follow the diet. She said she "just couldn't eat that much meat" so she'd substitute "whole grains" to fill her up and add ccalories. Turns out she's not a vegetarian, but almost. She "doesn't really like" meat or cheeses. And eggs turn her stomach! From what she told me, I don't know how she lasted a week!

It's not for everyone. We all know that. But for those of us that it does work for, it's great! It takes willpower and dedication to get started and stick with it. We're constantly being bombarded with ads for sugar products and "studies" that show we're killing ourselves. When the cravings do kick in, too many are going to give up because it's "too hard". Well, easier than LF for me!

As for the "high drop out rate" of people trying Atkins.....how does that compare against other diets?