View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 19:34

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Adding carbs...bad reaction question

Hi, all. Well...I went back to induction last week so that I could add in carbs according to the carb ladder. This week I added a cup of veggies to the 3 cups salad and am trying the addition of dairy. Yesterday I drank some Carb Countdown milk...no bad affects and was down 1/2 lb. this morning...so far so good.

Today I added in 1/2 c. full fat cottage cheese (4 carbs). Within a few minutes I got up and had a very very mild dizzy spell...had some bad ones yesterday that were in all likelyhood due to not eating in a timely manner...anyway, a few minutes later I had a sneezing attack - four or five sneezes in a row. For me this is a classic sign of low blood sugar...very shortly after that I started getting nauseated and had to go lay down. Thought I was going to...well...you know. When I got up from my little rest I noticed that I was being really grumpy and crabby - another classic sign of low blood sugar for me.

I did start taking Oil of Oregano today so it's possible this is the problem, but all the symptoms happened so quickly right after finishing the cottage cheese...

My questions is...Should I try this again in a couple of days, or is this evidence enough that my body can't handle cottage cheese right now? Will I ever be able to try it again or is this evidence that I can't tolerate it ever?

Thank you for any advice.
Sponsored Links