Thread: Nitrates
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:04

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

I don't know about that specific article, but have read a series of diet articles that are headed along a continuum towards the truth as we low carbers know it. There is a big industry war going on so in that context, the paper is almost revolutionary. There's stuff on the web that makes me go primate.

Compared to the other "newspapers" around here, the Times is by far the best. I do pick up a Wallstreet Journal or Christian Science Monitor sometimes too at a store nearby. And when I'm traveling, the Wahington Post and other locals creep in. Am I revealing myself to be a newspaper junkie? I never get news from TV (though would love to get Al Jazeera). TV news really is almost useless since the FCC changed rules in the 80's, just entertainment. Plus by reading the paper I can skip over the diverting trivia of who got shot or who's getting married, for example, and read what politicos are doing to me and my family, what company is defrauding me, the collapse of the dollar, the trade deficit and which countries own our huge debt (ie. are now able to tell our country where to get off and do whatever they want economically).

With science now it is especially scary since I have *never* seen it so politicized! It is truly mind-boggling what people will say to push some pork their state's way or get re-elected. And it works! I especially like the cattle rancher in Kansas (I believe) who is getting heat for wanting to test all his cattle for mad cow so he can open the Japanese market for himself (Japan tests every cow). Sounds like a good business man to me. But the department of aggie along with every other government dept remotely connected are giving him grief. Yup, they are worried about the meat I'm eating.