View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 13:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%
Thumbs up Finally

I'm so glad someone addressed this. I never knew so many people were going to have so many negative things to say to me when I told them I was on Atkins. I have been so taken aback that have been unable to respond that well except for the fact "I've only been on Atkins 10 days and have lost over 6 lbs."

I find that my friends and family who have "tried" it and can't stick with it have not read the book. They just find out what they can and can not eat and try it and give up. I find that knowing all the facts helped me get through the first few days and now I don't have any cravings. Matter of fact I've turned down cake and ice cream (my favorite) 2 times already with ease. To me that alone makes this worth it because I was seriously a slave to those types of foods for YEARS. Obsessed with food period, I feel miraculously cured of food addiction which I thought I was destined to have to deal with the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong I still eat a lot of food but I don't have to and I don't think about food every minute of every day for the first time in my life.

To me even if it were a possibility it was bad for me, just feeling out of food prison would be worth me doing Atkins.