View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

I have to agree with what everyone has said. Usually when I tell people that I am on Atkins the next words out of their mouth are, "It's not good to eat all that bacon". To which I normally reply, that's OK because I don't eat much bacon. Certainly no more than what I ate previous to doing this. But now I eat a lot of vegetables, tuna, chicken and some beef. I feel better than I have in forever and I have lost almost 50lbs. By this time they are usually looking for someplace to hide.

For people who are actually interested I will tell them what I know and try to calm their fears, for those people who only believe what they have heard, I don't have the time or the patience for them. The worst part about it is that most of the people who have attitude about Atkins, need to be doing it!! I wish they would listen to me, or do some research for themselves, but you can't force people to do anything, they have to want to do it.

The reality is that I actually feel sorry for the people who just refuse to even look into it, because they might find that it would change there lives so much, that they would be talking like the rest of us.