View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 18:01

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I never tell people I'm on Atkins either. I just tell them that I'm cutting out all refined carbs because usually the subject only comes up when somebody offers me some high carb food. A few girls I work with and my SIL are doing Atkins so they know also.

My Mom used to get on my case here and there like one day we met at Jack in the Box for lunch and she said, "well now what are we going to have, they don't have any lowfat of fat free dressings" I said, "I'm not eating lowfat Mom", and she said "well that artery clogging dressing isn't going on my salad" she proceeded to order a chicken sandwich with no mayo!
She goes to WW but just bought the SB diet and has incorporated that into WW, so to me thats a start!

How come nobody ever sais to someone on a LF diet "what are you going to do when you eat fat again, are you going to gain all your weight back? No because in order to maintain your weight on a LF diet is to continue to eat LF and add back more good fats in moderation, just as us LC'rbrs will add back good carbs in moderation. GADS!

Wee