Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 17:08
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgrl
I've been trying to work on keeping my calories down, not drastic, just down from where I have been (2000-2500) to (1500). I think what caused me to go up so extreme was trying to keep my fat intake high. I'd added more butter into my veggies etc and this was contributing to my end of the day high total calories. I'm finding it a battle though to keep my fat up while also keeping my calories down. For lunch today I had a single hamburger patty (fat pressed out) teaspoon of mayo (geez, mayo is 100 calories per tablespoon) mustard, on a big bed of lettuce. I guess maybe I'm thinking too far into this. 1 tablespoon of butter is 100 calories and I was prob. using 5 tablespoons a day before (with all I cooked and with what I added to my veggies..this was 500 calories alone.) No wonder my calories were so high. Hey, sorry to draw this out. I guess I just wanted some advice on keeping fat high while keeping calores low. Guess the obvious is to keep portion size down. I prob. just answered this for myself, but just wanted to get a feel of what you guys think.

Thanks
Brittany

IMO, it isn't that important to keep fat high as it is to keep carbs low. From my experience, I don't notice much improvement in how full I feel between protein and fat; both are equally satiating in my eyes. I have a more difficult time keeping protein up while keeping cals low, more than anything else.

If it is really important to you that your fat percentages stay up, try cutting back on protein and eating more things like the pumpkin cheesecake (this is a double benefit, since the nuts and pumpkin in the dish are very healthY).