View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 17:06

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have been struggling with this also.

I'm just throwing ideas around. Maybe a caesar salad with chicken instead of the hamburger patty for lunch. This is going to give you more fat calories and less protein calories and lettuce doesn't have hardley any calories by itself.

I am trying to eat between 1600-1800 calories a day and like you I was eating well over 2000 almost everyday. This is just causing me to maintain.

My biggest meal of the day is usually dinner. Last night with dinner I had a salad (just romaine lettuce, I know boring!) with 2 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing, 2 Tbsp shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp bacon bits. I have really started measuring. I have probably been putting about 1/4 cup of dressing on my salads lately and last Friday I put so much on it I couldn't even eat it! Believe it or not 2Tbsp is enough. Same with the cheese, so I know I have cut some calores this way but also getting in some fats.

I would continue using the butter, maybe just not so much.

I think part of my problem is that I was getting too many calories from protein so I am really trying to get more fats in than protein.

I hope this helps some. Probably not! LOL

Wee