View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 21:10

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

I fully understand you! I have been at various meetings, and managed to work around carbs but still stalled - could be for other reasons though. I have no several times eaten breakfast in a restaurant even though the meeting provided breakfast (sweet cakes, not even bagels - I would have hated that even before my diet!)But I usually have Lunches where I am just greedy - get 2 sandwiches instead of most people's 1, take the bread off, and eat the turkey and cheese with mustard, and the veggie dips. THAT menu, however, sounds impossible - you can't eat around a Lasagne! At least you were warned ahead of time!

I would say the Chili is probably borderline since beans are good carbs, at least on South Beach - they aren't potatoes. But I would not ruin your nice 9 lbs loss by eating sweet cakes in the morning. I would take stuff along. Hard-boiled eggs, grilled chicken breast, veggies can travel. Or ask the instructor - but be prepared for comments - at my meeting I was told how unhealthy the whole fad diet stuff is etc. Do you want to defend your choice? Good Luck, let us know - I would love to hear about travel food!