View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 16:22

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Hi Dazzlin,

I'm not doing lowcarb but sticking to the BFL method (never had any intention of doing low carb, I just happened across the forum here and it seems quite active)

I would stick to what you are doing just now, give it time to see what happens.

The majority of my carbs in meals comes from Wholegrain rice (not brown rice), any other carbs I might take in the form of Wholmeal pasta or Baked potatoes. These types of carb (Complex) release energy slowly compared to simple carbs (White rice etc). Using complex carbs should help you to overcome the sweetness cravings (basically your body is crying out for energy in the form of sugar (simple carb)) eating complex carbs for each of your six meals should give you a steady energy release, thats the theory anyway.

Another thing I do, for 3 of my meals a day I have Myoplex meal replacement shake and the Strawberry is pretty sweet so maybe that helps me not to crave sweet things.

Although you have said you can go without White rice, bread and pasta for more than 4 days sometimes, you really need to cut them out altogether. Stick with Wholemeal Rice and Pasta and avoid bread altogether, if you must have bread make it Wholemeal but not frequently.

Oh and drink loads of water.

Good luck with BFL, if you find yourself craving just think about your goals and what you need to do to acheive them. If you do have a setback don't dwell on it, just move on and try harder next time. If you miss a workout don't try and catch up just forget it and move on.

Above all else Enjoy it.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Mike