View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 15:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/232/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Everyone,

You guys have been giving me some great new ways to use cabbage.
I thought of one also since I read the board--
Ladybelle mentioned "pigs in the blanket" as using the hotdogs in the crescent rolls. That is how I always made them also. But her mentioning the hot dogs gave me and idea.
I bought some Hebrew hot dogs which were very low carb--but I really missed the bun. I am going to slice cabbage into long strips about 3 inches wide--and cook them in water, -drain- then use them like you would buns. I want to wrap the cooked hotdog into the strip of cooked cabbage and add a slice of cheese inside the cabbage strip- roll it up like a bun -then when the cheese melts******WOW! I bet this is good-- I haven't made it yet- but you guys have given me an idea.
I plan to make it this weekend. Since the carb count would be really low, you could even use this as an appetizer or finger food. I bet you could even warm them in he microwave later if you have leftovers. Maybe even make a low carb dipping sauce like bar-b-que or something.
Thanks you guys for the great ideas.
I live in Illinois and Spring is just around the corner. I can't wait to plant some cabbage out in the garden. Zuchinni also.
Spring is in the air.. Yeah!!